Read Time:1 Minute, 3 Second
- Russian carried out the most extensive air raids in months that killed at least 25 people, including five children, Ukrainian officials say. Russia, which regularly denies targeting civilians, said its strategic bombers carried out precision missile attacks on Ukrainian army reserve units to prevent them from getting to the front line.
- The Russian-installed mayor of Donetsk city said seven people were killed when Ukrainian shelling hit a minibus.
- Ukraine is making final preparations for a counteroffensive which will begin “as soon as there is God’s will, the weather and a decision by commanders”, Defence Minister Oleksii Reznikov said.
- The Kremlin said troops that fought in Ukraine will be represented in a parade in Moscow on May 9 to mark the anniversary of the Soviet victory in World War II, Russia’s state-owned TASS news agency reported.
- President Volodymyr Zelenskyy urged allies to provide Ukraine with better air defences, including fighter jets after a barrage of Russian missiles hit residential areas.
- Russia’s private Wagner mercenary force, which is leading the assault on Bakhmut city, could soon cease to exist, founder Yevgeny Prigozhin said in video remarks to a blogger released on Friday. It was not immediately clear when Prigozhin had spoken and how serious he was being.